P & P INVESTIGAZIONI - DEPARTMENT OF CRIMINAL DEFENSIVE INVESTIGATIONS
P & P INVESTIGAZIONI S.r.l. is an agency properly authorized by the Prefecture according to art. 134 of Title IV under the Testo Unico delle Legge di Pubblica Sicurezza - in english Consolidated Act Of Public Safety Laws (R.D. 18th of June 1931 n. 773), for the activity of investigations, information and research of natural and juridical persons all over the country and abroad.
The Criminal Investigation Department of P & P INVESTIGAZIONI S.r.l., constituted by investigators with a multi-year experience, enabled to the development of “activities of defensive investigation, aimed to the identification of evidentiary elements to assert in criminal proceedings, according to the art. 222 of the coordination rules of the Code of Criminal Procedure and according to the art. 327 – bis of the same Code” (art. 5, comma 1, lett. a, point a. V, of the M. D. 269/2010).
The Italian criminal procedural system is inspired to the principles of the so-called "fair trial", as introduced by the Constitutional Law n. 2 of the 23rd of November 1999, which has changed the art. 111 of the Constitution.
The law, supported by the subsequent integration, by the means of the art. 11 of the Law n. 397 of the 7th of December 2000, of an appropriate title of the Code of the Criminal Procedure (Title VI – bis of the Book V), considers basically a series of guarantees for the defendant:
- Independence and impartiality of the judge;
- Respect of the equality between the public prosecutor and the defence;
- Development of the trial in the cross-examination between the parts;
- Reasonable duration of the trial that should be guaranteed;
- Guarantee of a quick information to the defendant about the pending suit against him;;
- Possibility to interrogate or make someone interrogate the persons who accused him or who can clear him of a crime;
- Guarantee of the cross-examination also in the development of the proof, with the subsequent impossibility to convict a defendant on the basis of accusations formulated by a person that, on his own accord, escaped to the questioning;
- Assistance of an interpreter for the foreign person.
In view of the reform, the defender participates actively to the pre-hearing and procedural action, through the availability of new juridical instruments: he has, indeed, acquired the option to carry out investigations in order to search and document elements of proof in favour of his own client, directly or availing themselves of substitutes and of privates authorized detectives, and for specific activities, of technical advisers.
At the end of the surveys it will be offered a detailed report supplied with documented traced proofs (pictures, hi-fi and report of the depositions…), and usable by the lawyer during his defensive strategy.
DEPARTMENT OF CRIMINAL DEFENSIVE INVESTIGATIONS